Friday 13 July 2012

My Daily Routine

Most of our class visits take place in the morning.  Since we all know that I am a heavy coffee drinker, I was bound and determined to find good coffee near where I am staying.  I refuse to do anything 'American' while I am here so no Starbucks, no McDonalds, no Burger King....it is ridiculous that they are even here!  So I have discovered the best latte ever at a little truck stand across from Waterloo Station called Tyrerion Coffee (I actaully think I am spelling that wrong so correction will come in the future).  He is a kind gentleman and really knows how to make some darn good coffee!

Also there are bakerys and food stands everywhere and today for instance I had a fantastic chocolate crossiant.  Think I may have to get another one tomorrow it was so fresh and soft and full of dark chocalate goodness my mouth is drooling right now just thinking about it. 

So I wake about an hour before we leave go run some errands and get my coffee.  Unfortunatly my guy is only there at the end of the week so I replace him with Ro Mo which is second best.  We board the tube for our destination.  8 am is absolutely the worst time to travel the tube. One morning we packed in like sardines on the Bakerloo line but luckily that has only happened once really so no complaints.  It could be worse.  We could be packing in like sardines on the metro in Paris where every smells nasty all day long!  More on Paris later it is a bit of a sore subject. 

My absolutely favorite place to eat in /London is Pret.  It is a natural food cafe that is a chain which works out great for me because they are EVERY WHERE! It is mainly a sandwhich place but they have coffee, soups, salads, fruit, and some breakfast food.  I have ate there numerous times in several different locations and they have not disappointed me once.  I have had many different yummy sandwhiches and I have loved every bite.  I have also discovered sea salt and cider vinegar 'crisps' and cannot stop craving them.  The States better have some variation of them or my stomach will be very upset and disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment